Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Life and Mirrored Worlds


No more pencils -- No more books. No more  admin's  dirty looks *wink*.

It has been a difficult but somehow good day for me. I taught a class this afternoon at Learn Avatar. Unbeknownst to me, it was my last. Some new policy changes were that last straw. The rule cam down that unlimited enrollment classes were more or less mandatory. Teachers had to have the OK for each class that they wanted to limit in number AND needed a good reason or it wouldn't be allowed.

I have been a teacher most of my life. I believe in small classes. I believe that teachers cannot TEACH if they are faced with huge numbers of students. They then are just "running them through the mill", not teaching. Most teachers, I believe, would agree. So when faced with the decision to keep on going against my beliefs -- I threw in the towel. I would like to stay for the students, but being true to myself comes first. At least I have learned THAT lesson in this lifetime.

My attire is minimal as you see. This isn't really a fashion post. I am, however, wearing the new FREE Zoe skin from Tuli. It is lovely and definitely worth going to the shop for a searching expedition. The clue has something to do with water I think. It isn't that hard to find. The pack includes a variety of skin tones as well as brow tattoos.


There is that saying that each closed door is an open window. In my case the window came a day before the "closed door". While checking the map to see if my lovely Winterfell land had been purchased, I noted that there was a commercial spot in the park along the canal. Now I had no plans to open another store and this isn't really a store, it is just an adventure. I don't plan to sell much here. It gives me a creative outlet and that, in truth, is the point.


AND I have a brand new SMOKING HOT computer with one of the top graphics cards and i7 processor on is way. Who knows what adventures I can get into with all that power.

It was sunny today as I sipped my wine. The breeze came through the window. I said good-bye to some good times and most likely some nice people, but there are adventures on the horizon.

It was a good day.



Style Notes: 

Hair: Amacci Hair Shyla ~ Mocha
Skin: [:T:] Zoe / sunkissed :: TTH exclusive

Accessories: DECO - Analyst Glasses - Licorice; bangles made in today's class.

Poses by:EverGlow

Comments

EE said…
It's about the STUDENTS. That is what education is supposed to be about. But, alas, the administration almost never sees it that way.

Bravo. Stick to your principles, Chic.

Sincerely,

Former Teacher
Eliza said…
Good luck with your future endeavors, I am sure you will be very much missed.

Popular Posts