Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

The Mardi Gras Hunt is On!

 

The Mardi Gras Hunt is back on albeit in mini mode. The hunt starts tonight at midnight SL time, but as with all hunts be advised that the first day may have issues and not all items may be out for sale. So, patience is good. Is this going to be the best hunt ever?  No. But I have to give so many kudos to the folks that worked hard to keep it going after the original organizer needed to abandon the project. From 100 vendors it is now a mini hunt of a quarter that size.

I have been amazed to watch the ingenuity of some of the hunt vendors and especially Duchess Whiteberry who took over the hunt. Those of you that have been in hunts can imagine the difficulties when you have no hunt prize object and no access to group notices. What was accomplished was all done through group chat and IMs. I am sure that there were vendors who would have liked to remain in the hunt, but left the hunt group with the announcement of the abandonment. The fact that it came together at all is amazing. So gold stars for all those that put forth an effort.

The biggest news on the hunt scene -- by my estimation anyway -- is that this hunt will be the first to include a list with LM to all the vendors in the hunt WITHIN the prizes. That is the plan anyway. Hunters get the hunt prize from the stop they are at, a LM to the next spot (should they be a die hard I will not cheat hunter) and a notecard with the stops and LMs to them all. I have never heard of this happening, but I am sure someone will comment on this post if it has.

A list of the stops with names and SLURLs is also on the (very quickly put up) official website. Hints are being added a bit at a time as they come in.

So happy hunting!

**************************************

A bit of an aside here and some philosophy. A friend of mine commented this morning that she was surprised to see me mentioning upcoming hunts, but that I should know which ones are the good ones. In fact, I do not. We all know of hunts we expect to be stellar; STEAM, Peace On Earth, Make Him Over, Stepping Stones Group and the Vain hunts when they were going on to name a few. But as a hunt vendor, we gamble on hunts because of the theme, the organizer, or for me sometimes the poster. (Alas, I admit that I frequently buy wine for the label; it is the artist in me. )

So I don't know which hunts will be great and which ones will fall apart. It is a gamble for us all -- including the organizers. We pick out the hunts we hope will turn out and do our best to support them. That's all we can do.

Comments

Popular Posts