Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Prims - Textures - Windlight

Just a very quick post as I keep noticing pictures here and on the feed where the skirt prims are a different color than the textured part, or leg prims for shorts don’t match etc.

So for those of you that buy articles (or have some from long ago) that the prims don’t match the textures, it is apparently a Windlight issue. This was going on before Havok 4 so it isn’t that.

ANYWAY - All you need to do is tint your prim a light shade of gray so that it is no longer WHITE — which is what windlight wants to reflect too brightly for our avatar and human eyes.

I read this a few weeks ago in a blog. Sorry I have no idea who to credit, but it really works. I use it all the time with photos. Some designers are doing this FOR us now. I noticed that the group outfit from Samara last week had no problem when I went to take photos and sure enough I looked and it had a tint on the prims.

Designers, if you are using Windlight - now incorporated into the regular client but not OnRez - you can test this easily yourself. I hope it helps.

Good luck all. Make yourself lovely and MATCHING ;)

Popular Posts